Open Call for USF Artists!
Digital Sculpture Contest
Overarching Theme: Surrealism
The Salvador is looking for your best surrealistic sculpture designs.
The Salvador is a new Green- Certified Condo Tower in the heart of the Arts and Innovation District of Downtown St. Petersburg, FL. Developed by a local development firm, DDA Development, with local architects from MESH Architecture & Fabrication, this residential building is inspired by the art of Salvador Dali and features a modern, artful design in the building and the individual units. Read more about the architect’s inspiration here.
The Salvador is calling artists from USF to come up with an innovatively designed sculpture that can be transformed into a 3-D printed sculpture. Winning sculptures will be displayed in The Salvador lobby with a cash prize being offered. Being a part of the arts community in downtown St. Pete and right next door to the USF St. Petersburg campus, The Salvador is a part of and supports the innovation and arts community that defines this area. See below for all the details and contest rules!
Deadline: Entries must be submitted by February 5, 2016 | Winners announced on February 10th
- Flies must be submitted on a DISK or USB drive
- Files must be delivered by 5:00 pm February 5, 2016 Sabatia Cowden, FAH 231 College of Arts
- File Formats (.obj or .stl).
- All entries must also include a half-page Artist Biography and half-page Artist Statement. Text file needs to be submitted as (PDF or Word .doc).
- Final sculptures will be 3D printed in artist’s choice of Brass, Bronze or Copper.
- Maximum print size cannot exceed 10in X 10in x 10in.
- The Salvador Logo and artist’s signature required on the piece (may be on the base or bottom or wherever the artists chooses).
- The Salvador’s logo file can be downloaded HERE.
- Digital .stl logos can be downloaded HERE.
- Only winning entries will be 3D printed.
WORKSHOPS: Will be held at the USF Tampa Campus and will provide opportunities for sculpture artists and digital artists to collaborate.
$250 Cash For the Winner and $150 for two Runner-Ups and $75 for 4th and 5th place!
Note: Winning Sculptures will be displayed publicly in The Salvador’s Lobby in Downtown St. Petersburg. The five winning sculptures will each have five limited edition 1/2 sized 3D replicas printed.
Curators: Hank Hine, Curator and Executive Director of the Dali Museum, Yann Weymouth, Architect of the Dali Museum, Sarah Howard, Curator of Public Art and Social Practice.
For more information about The Salvador please visit: http://TheSalvador.com
Contact: Please contact Sarah Lesch | 813-727-4077 | email@example.com with any questions or for more information (email answered more quickly).